Nature Learning Centre (NLC), Manipur has been established in Forest Oﬃce Complex, Mantripukhri, Imphal with a State of Art Nature Museum, Interpretation Centre and a small hi-tech training cum conference room under National Mission on Himalayan Studies (NMHS), Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change, and Government of India.
The NLC aim to serve as a focal point for taking up nature awareness programmes in the State of Manipur involving different stakeholders to impart the importance of co-existence and protection & conservation of nature and its natural resources
- To develop a hub at a Centralized place for Nature Learning along with a Zoo museum and an Interpretation Centre which will serve as Educational and Recreational Centre which adds to the conservation of Forest, Wildlife and Nature.
- To developed Zoo Information Management System (ZIMS) for maintaining data and information regarding Zoo inmates including Pedigree.
- To generate awareness about Forest, Wildlife, Nature, Climate, etc. among school students, teachers, villagers, Policy makers, Civil Societies, etc.
- To have a robust portfolio of conservation programmes that reflects the State priorities.
- To build a strong alignment between the visitor experience and life science area of the Zoo.
- To offer every visitor a meaningful and fun learning experience using the interpretative approaches.
- To enable staffs and volunteers to actively facilitate the delivery of engaging experience for visitors.
- To standardize the record keeping system of the Zoo through ZIMS (Zoo Information Management System).
- To have an extensive and transparent compliance and risk management framework.